Not all supplements are created equal… especially when it comes to curcumin.
Bioavailability is a major problem with curcumin (as discussed here). Hence, choosing a high quality curcumin supplement is vital or else you’re just wasting your money.
Here are some criteria for selecting a high quality curcumin supplement:
- enhanced bioavailability of curcumin or curcuminoids.
- processed under Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- produced by a reputable manufacturer.
- backed by studies and clinical trials.
The Best Curcumin Supplement…
… is Longvida Optimized Curcumin, based on published human studies at the time of writing.
Longvida Optimized Curcumin is a curcumin formulation optimized for maximum targeting of curcumin into blood and tissues. It was developed by group of neuroscientists at the University of California – Los Angeles (UCLA) in collaboration with Verdure Sciences.
The Science Behind Longvida
Longvida formulation utilises the cutting-edge Solid Lipid Curcumin Particle (SLCP) technology to overcome curcumin bioavailability issues. SLCP is an absorption-promoting system that stabilises and coats curcumin, and facilitates transfer of curcumin across biological membranes. It protects and preserves curcumin from the harsh environment of the stomach, dissolves it at the point of absorption in the GI tract, and delivers the free form of curcumin (also called intact or native curcumin) into the blood stream and target tissues.
Features of Longvida
made from natural turmeric extract without the use of chlorinated solvents, which can be toxic.
processed under Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), in such a way that maximizes identity, purity, activity, and consistency of its benefits and quality.
published safety profile.
contains no piperine.
contains no unstable volatile oils from turmeric root or crude extracts from soy.
Why Longvida Stands Out Among Other Curcumin Formulations
- It offers the free curcumin, which is the biologically active form of curcumin.
- For curcumin to be effective, it must get into the bloodstream and reach a concentratition high enough to penetrate target tissues. Longvida is a pioneer in the field of reaching target curcumin concentrations in the blood and target tissues.
- Longvida have conducted the most human pharmacokinetic (bioavailability) studies, which measure the blood levels of free curcumin.
- Strong safety profile.
- Low daily dose.
- Made using top-quality components, including natural high-curcumin turmeric extract.
- Manufactured by Verdure Sciences, a supplier of botanical extracts through the integration of agricultural, production, and research platforms. Their focus is on developing scientifically backed botanical extracts through clinical initiatives.
Where to Buy Longvida Curcumin Supplements
Some of the companies that use Longvida in their curcumin supplements are:
- ProHealth (available in capsules (500mg & 1000mg) or powder)
- Nutrivene (available in capsules (500mg) or powder)